Friday, November 6, 2009

An Old Inspiration

It's relevant. I love it. But I need a change on this page. So out with the old and awesome, and in with the new and more(!)awesome.


I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,
Hesitate in the presence of procrastination,
Negotiate at the table of fear,
Ponder at the pool of popularity,
Or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, Shut up, Let up,
Until I've Stayed up, Stored up, Prayed up, and Paid up,
And become the person God intended me to be.

(note: I have no idea where I got this. I had it written down from a conference I went to for Mary Kay. I found something similar that was from the Latter Day Saints, but it didn't list an author. Anyway, still profound.)

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Thank you for this...I've copied this on a post-it and affixed it to my computer monitor. Sometimes we just need a reminder, yes?

Kallay said...

Exactly. I used to have it in the top part of the blog. I love this though. Short and sweet but an extremely powerful message.